WebKit-style debugger for Mobile Web
Debugging HTML5 code running inside a WebView on a mobile device is a pain. But now, with Trigger.io Catalyst, you can get a web-kit style debugger which works for mobile web or hybrid apps.
- Elements tab to navigate and alter the DOM, including styling
- Observe network usage and execution order
- Trigger.io Forge specific: log debug messages to the console and track Forge API calls when building hybrid apps
Trigger.io Catalyst is a hosted version of Weinre.
In order to use Catalyst you need to embed a unique script tag into the page you wish to remotely debug. Every time you load this page a unique id is generated for you, so to get started simply paste the following line into the <head> section of your page:
If things aren't working here is a list of common pitfalls when using Catalyst:
- Catalyst requires both the device being debugged and the machine being used to debug it have an internet connection and can access this site.
- Catalyst has currently only been heavily tested with Android 2.2, and may not work as expected on other platforms
- Catalyst requires a webkit based browser is used, this means only Chrome and Safari are well supported
- Sometimes the Catalyst server needs to be restarted to apply updates, if this happens you will be told to reload the Catalyst page to reconnect.
Find answers and ask questions on our StackOverflow tag
Email us anytime at email@example.com if you run into problems or have feedback